1. Relieves Aches and Pains
Black Pepper Essential Oil has natural anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic properties, which targets muscle injuries, tendonitis and even symptoms of arthritis and rheumatism. Gently rub 2-3 drops into the palms of your hands and gently massage topically into the affected area.
2. Aids Digestion
Black Pepper Essential Oil can ease the discomfort of constipation, diarrhoea and gas. It has natural gastro-protective and antispasmodic properties. Black pepper does this by stimulating the stomach to increase hydrochloric acid secretion, which is necessary for healthy digestive function.
Black pepper can also be used to support relief from IBS symptoms as well as bladder dysfunctions. Add 2-3 drops to soups and sauces or add 1-2 drops to a glass of water approximately 30 minutes before meals and drink.
3. Lowers Cholesterol
Black Pepper essential oil is known to lower LDL (bad cholesterol) in the bloodstream by reducing triglycerides, whilst boosting HDL (good cholesterol).
4. Boosts Immunity
Black Pepper has naturally occurring anti-viral qualities, that help to fortify the immune system. This means it is effective for repelling foreign pathogens and bacterial threats in the bloodstream, by boosting protective white blood cells to help ward off infections, viruses, colds and flu.
Black Pepper essential oil is high in natural chemicals known as, monoterpenes and sesquiterpenes, which are known for their antioxidant activity and their ability to support the immune system when needed most.
5. Activates Circulation
When black pepper essential oil is ingested in responsibly, it promotes healthy circulation, stimulates bile and mucus flow, and even helps to lower blood pressure.
Black Pepper is an everyday food staple that supports a healthy heart, blood and circulatory system.
6. Eases Anxiety
Black Pepper essential oil is known to reduce anxiety and stress. The peppery, musky aroma helps promote calm by soothing the nerves and relaxing the muscles.
This can significantly restore emotional balance and boost your overall mood.
How to Use Black Pepper Oil
Black pepper essential oil can be inhaled directly from the bottle, diffused at home for a warming aroma, applied topically, or added to food and ingested small amounts.
When ingesting, be sure to only use pure therapeutic grade Black Pepper Essential Oil to avoid harmful additives, which is why we only recommend dōTERRA when it comes to essential oils.
When applied topically, black pepper oil creates a warming sensation, so be sure to use no more than a few drops at a time, and dilute it with a carrier oil like dōTERRA fractionated coconut oil, jojoba oil or sweet almond oil.
Simply add 1-2 drops to a small squirt of carrier oil. Gently combine in the palms of your hands, before applying to your skin. The carrier oil will help penetrate the skin and carry the nutrients to the cell site and source of inflammation in the body.
There are so many ways to use Black Pepper Essential Oil, and its uses go far beyond flavouring your food.
Here are some easy ways to use black pepper oil at home:
- To increase circulation and blood flow to the muscles and nerves, add 3–5 drops of black pepper oil to a warm compress (clean cloth soaked in warm water) and apply to the abdomen or areas of concern
- To ease discomfort and diarrhoea and gas, add 1–2 drops of black pepper oil into a large glass of filtered water and drink. Can also be added to a light soup, smoothie or savoury sauce or applied topically to the abdomen
- To relieve muscle injuries apply black pepper oil topically to the area of concern. For best results add a couple of drops to a small squirt of dōTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil, rub in the palm of your hands before massaging into the affected area
- To aid respiratory congestion, take 1-2 drops internally in tea or water, inhale the oil directly from the bottle, or diffuse in your room or kitchen;
- To relieve congested airways, apply 2–3 drops topically to the chest;
- To reduce cigarette cravings, diffuse black pepper oil or inhale it directly from the bottle when having a craving
- To use it as a natural treatment for arthritis and rheumatism, apply 2–3 drops topically to the affected area;
- To help detoxify the body, take 1–2 drops internally or apply 2–3 drops topically to the bottoms of the feet;
- To add flavour to soups, stews, baked vegetables, salad dressings and entrees, add 2–3 drops of black pepper essential oil.
Tolman Self Care.