Are you really vitamin or mineral deficient?
If you think you're low on Iron, Magnesium, Calcium, B12 or Vitamin E, you're probably right...but think twice before believing that the answer to overcoming this deficiency can be found in a synthetic pill or capsule.
Recent generations have bought into a 'nutritional deficiency' obsession, which in my opinion, has contributed to more sickness and disease than there has ever been.
Much of it is due to the false propaganda that has been pushed - largely funded by the pharmaceutical industry - to convince people that they need an unattainable Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) of vitamins and minerals due to our 'poor quality' food supply...and it's one of the greatest misconceptions out there.
All of this has been designed to make the masses believe that they need to pop 'nutritional' pills and capsules to make up for the lack of nutrition they get from today's food.
"Conspiracy Theory" you might say?
Well, what if it's actually a Conspiracy Reality?!
There's a great book called, "Vitamania", written by Catherine Price that delves into this obsession that people have for consuming laboratory created vitamins and minerals, that also debunks the most common myths that people believe about taking supplements.
Yes, I'm the first to admit that there are important factors to consider in relation to today's commercial farming practices - particularly when it comes to the use of pesticides and the rise of genetically modified foods - but if you know what to look out for, you can get everything you need to be healthy and not be deficient in anything!
The first step to overcoming any and all deficiencies first starts with a mindset shift.
For decades, I've been telling people that nutrition cannot come in a bottle, but it all depends on what YOU believe to be true.
Synthetic pills and capsules are isolated nutrients that contain absolutely zero electric force for your cells to process and recognise - and whilst they may give you a temporary placebo effect - ultimately, they do little more than add to chaos and toxicity in your body.
That's why I totally disagree with going in for routine check-ups, blood tests, hair analyses etc., because 9 times out of 10, even if you feel great, your Doctor will most likely find something wrong and get you on a medication.
In my experience in working with literally thousands of people over the years who have been down this road, most admit that they would have been far better off embracing principles of 'self care' and trusting in their bodies innate intelligence to heal and restore itself.
Remember, the word "nutrition" is a compound word that is derived from nut ('nux' in the latin) which means 'light'. Nutrition literally means, 'process of light'. And the etymology of the word "supplement" means 'fractured' or 'incomplete'.
So with that understanding, you begin to realise that the true answer to overcoming any and all nutritional deficiencies lies with consuming electrically charged, living plant whole foods and getting sunlight.
If you've read Volume 1 of my Farmacist Desk Reference or been to one of my live seminars, you'll know that I explain that the only dis-ease that exists is "chaos" at the atomic, molecular and cellular level, which can only be caused by either "Toxicity" or "Deficiency".
This means that if you're feeling run down, lethargic, constantly tired, sluggish, or you have some other type of 'symptom', rather than isolate a particular nutrient that you may be deficient in, it's time to pay attention to the holistic factors that are contributing to your toxicity or deficiency.
Here are my common-sense tips for dealing with any kind of nutritional deficiency you might be experiencing:
- Stay away from 'Food-less foods' and 'Life-less drinks' - by that I'm specifically referring to processed sugars, artificial sweeteners, refined flour/corn and mass-produced packaged foods;
- Embrace the 7 Principles of Health - Air, Water, Sunshine, Wholefoods, Walking, Non-Toxic Relationships and Passion. Start with at least 4 on a daily basis, and work your way up until these principles become an automatic part of your life;
- Quit taking supplements and medications - which are designed to 'suppress' symptoms, do little to heal the cause, add toxicity and can ultimately create dependency (not to mention the cost $$!);
- Stop going in for unnecessary tests - if you feel good, keep doing what you're doing. If you feel symptoms, make some changes by embracing self care before choosing the medical approach;
- Give 'your house' a rest every so often - the power of your body to heal and restore itself is compounded when you fast for even just a few days. An ancient wisdom was to fast on fresh juices, pulse or raw plants and water for 3-7 consecutive days with every change of season.
So what do you think...?
Are you really deficient or have you bought into a belief system that you are?
My purpose here is to simply remind you that your body is an intelligent, electrically charged entity. And that nature is complex so that we don't have to be.
We can choose to be fearful and buy into the chemical, band-aid solutions of the medical world that have nothing to do with our body's intelligence to heal and restore itself, or we can trust in mother nature and the ageless principles of health.
Next week I'll address the topic of organic v non-organic produce and how you can get the best of both worlds.