How To Restore Liver Health & Improve Function
A healthy liver impacts your overall health and wellbeing because it's the largest internal organ of your body.
The liver performs several important tasks including, storing and filtering blood to remove harmful toxins, ridding the body of dead blood cells, secreting hormones and enzymes and supporting digestion, by converting what we eat into life-sustaining nutrition.
When the liver is malfunctioning, the consequences range from sluggishness to life-threatening illness.
Skin conditions like: Jaundice (a yellowing of skin and eyes), Fatigue and Digestive Disorders like Halitosis (which essentially shows itself as bad breath), can all result from liver stress and malfunction.
Learn more in 5 Signs You Need to Do a Detox Cleanse & Where to Start
Hepatitis, Cirrhosis and Lupus are more serious liver conditions which can drastically impact your health and quality of life unless you make some major diet and lifestyle changes.
Hepatitis is an inflammation of the liver. Cirrhosis is a chronic, progressive inflammation of the liver. And Lupus is an autoimmune disease that affects primarily women and causes the body to attack its own connective tissues (including connective tissue in the liver).
All of these ailments and health conditions come down to toxicities that overwhelm your liver on a regular basis resulting from medications, alcohol and a processed diet lacking quality nutrition.
If you know your liver needs a complete overhaul, the most effective protocol I can recommend is to drink 1 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice first thing in the morning, every day for 90 days, together with moderating your intake of the toxic foods and things you've been consuming for years that are a big cause of the problem.
Do that and within 90 days, you should have a perfectly restored and functioning liver.
Another option is to do a period of liver detoxification, usually for 7-14 days by consuming nothing but fresh juices, fresh organic fruits, vegetables and wheatgrass.
Learn more in Fasting: What You Should Know
Simple daily protocols to ensure the ongoing health of your liver include:
- Incorporating more 'liver cleansing' foods into your diet such as raw greens, fruit and vegetable juices (make sure that you include powerful living cleansing foods like beets, green vegetables and the most potent of all, LEMONS!!). Learn more in Top 7 Reasons to Embrace a Plant-Based Diet & How to Do It
- At night and/or mid-morning drink a lemon tea, by squeezing fresh lemon juice into hot water and add a teaspoon of olive oil. You can also use Lemon Pure Essential Oil. This will help arouse a sluggish liver and stimulate the release of excess bile that congests the liver;
- Minimise your intake of fatty animal foods and hydrogenated oils;
- Reduce alcohol (particularly spirits) and caffeine intake;
- Eliminate processed and refined flour, grains and sugar;
- Avoid drugs and medications if you have the confidence to do so
- Zendocrine Pure Essential Oil Blend is a special formulation of Rosemary, Cilantro, Juniper Berry, Tangerine & Geranium. When taken internally it can assist with supporting liver function and ridding unwanted substances from the body
All of these steps will ensure that you drastically reduce the burden being placed on your liver on an ongoing basis that is causing the toxic overwhelm in the first place, to ensure that your liver has the best chance of performing at its highest functional capacity to keep you healthy.