Psoriasis & Eczema: How to naturally heal & prevent chronic skin conditions
bout how you can Detox You’ve probably heard me say it before, but it’s important that you get this…
Your skin is Cytophylactic, meaning it absorbs and dumps waste more than any other organ in your body.
If you’re unhealthy on the inside, it will eventually show up on the outside…and one of the surest indicators that someone needs to ‘clean house’ is when they have unhealthy and blemished skin.
One of the most common dis-eases that shows up on the skin, as a result of excess internal plaque, is called Psoriasis.
These blemishes that appear are often raised, red in colour and very itchy. But soon enough, these raised patches turn white with the dead cells flaking off.
Poor skin conditions often rear their ugly head in winter, Psoriasis usually goes through seasonal cycles of flare-ups and remission – but don’t let that fool you.
The worst thing you can do is apply chemical topical creams to suppress the condition because you will pay for it down the road.
The best thing you can do is to read the signs and support the healing, by doing the right things and embracing natural, non-toxic remedies.
Here’s what I recommend for conditions like Eczema, Psoriasis and scaly, itchy skin:
- Get your body into the Sun! 95% of Psoriasis sufferers improve or even remit the condition by exposing the effected areas to regular dose of sunshine. Rub cold-pressed coconut oil on before exposure;
- Get into the ocean or a natural SALT bath! Soaking your skin in the ocean or a warm, mineral-rich bath salt is one of the most healing things you can do to detoxify for your skin;
- Eat a clean 50% raw plant diet! Load up on plenty of fruits, grains and vegetables (including AVOCADOS);
- Eat more Plant Oils! Be sure to include ONE Tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil on a salad or on organic whole grain bread each day;
- Steer clear of toxic skin care products! I have a philosophy when it comes to skincare, 'if you can't eat it don't put it on your skin'. That's why we handcraft a simple range of products like Renew Salt Body Scrub and Divine Face & Body Butter using principles of alchemy not chemistry;
- Add extra Dietary Fibre: Colonic health is critical to the health of your skin and overall body. When transitioning to a cleaner diet, you may need to add some extra fibre like Flax Seeds or Psyllium Husk (try my Get Things Moving fibre blend) to help get waste out of your body.
- Detox & Cleanse: If you are experiencing severe symptoms expressing as skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema it may also be beneficial to undertake some form of fasting. Try my Cleanse Me Natural 4-day Colon Cleanse protocol to detoxify your gut first and then continue by only consuming water, juices or whole foods. Learn more about how you can Detox & Heal in this way on this page.
A few final tips, drink plenty of water each day to hydrate your body and aid the elimination of waste, avoid eating animal fat and exercise regularly (particularly outside in the fresh air) to work your body into a light sweat whenever you can.
All of these things will accelerate the release of built-up toxins and get you on the path to having beautiful, healthy skin.