Natural Solutions for Autoimmune Disease
Almost non-existent a hundred years ago, today more and more people are being diagnosed with 'autoimmune dis-eases' - where they're told that the body's natural defences have literally turned against them.
More than 80 diseases are now classified as "auto-immune", and unfortunately Doctors are only trained to prescribe immune-suppressing drugs, rather than get to the cause.
Your body is not designed to turn on itself - it's simply a sign of a greater chaos in the body that needs to be addressed rather than some type of mysterious disease.
What are autoimmune diseases?
"Autoimmune" diseases take a number of forms whereby the body's immune system overreacts, causing signs of inflammation, pain, swelling and damage to healthy cells.
What are some of the most common?
The medical establishment keeps studying and coming up with more variants of auto-immune diseases but the most commonly diagnosed are:
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Diabetes (Type 1/‘Juvenile’)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Grave’s and Hashimoto’s Disease
- Celiac Disease
- Thyroid Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
What are the symptoms of autoimmune diseases?
Firstly, remember that a symptom is simply a sign or signal of a greater underlying 'chaos' in the body that's manifesting itself as some form of dis-ease.
With this in mind, the symptoms of each autoimmune disease vary widely depending on the type and severity of the chaos.
Often, a group of very non-specific symptoms accompany autoimmune diseases, such as:
- Pain and Swelling
- Malaise (a persistant feeling of not being well)
- Constant Depression
- Destruction of an organ or tissue resulting in decreased functioning of an organ or tissue (for example, the islet cells of the pancreas are destroyed in diabetes)
- Increase in the size of an organ or tissue (for example, Thyroid enlargement in Grave’s Disease)
What causes autoimmune diseases?
All autoimmune diseases have certain attributes in common.
Most of it is the net result of toxic overwhelm in the body due to:
- Toxic environment
- Exposure to heavy metals
- Environmental pollution,
- Pesticides, herbicides, chemical fertilisers, industrial wastes
- Fluoridated water and genetically modified foods.
...all of these are a heavy cocktail of chemicals that overload the immune system over time, paving the way for such diseases to form.
The other issue is that today's is plagued by all kinds of disease (including auto-immune) that begins in the gut.
If the body's digestive system is clogged and obstructed - together with the myriad of toxins listed above - you're going to have immune dysfunction!
Realise that your body is hermetically sealed by your skin.
Our bodies also serve as an environment that house bacteria. Things such as friendly skin flora, the lining of the lungs and the lining of our intestines help protect us from unfriendly bacteria.
But when these organs get out of balance it affects your immune system's response, making you more susceptible to autoimmune reactions and conditions.
Tips to help overcome autoimmune diseases
By addressing the causes of inflammation in the body, you can heal yourself.
Many alternative, non-medical, healing modalities are basically just techniques to get blockages out of the body.
Because we are pretty much a system of tubes, once you do this, you restore your body's capacity to rebuild it's immune function.
Malnutrition can also be a direct result of blockage. Whole foods, lots of clean water, sunshine and walking help to remove the blocks.
It's essential for your cells to receive nourishment and efficiently eliminate wastes because if you block these processes, dis-ease will be the end result.
In a nutshell, to begin the healing process of any type of auto-immune condition, your first steps should be to:
- Clean the gut - 98% of dis-ease begins in the gut, so your number one goal should be to eliminate any toxic waste stored in your digestive tract which may include medicinal residues and heavy metals such as Mercury which may have accumulated over time;
- Eat a Wholefood Diet - A diet rich in plant whole foods is your best bet to reduce inflammation and speed up the healing process. Avoid all processed and refined foods, as they are inflammatory and should be eliminated completely from your diet e.g. processed and refined sugar and grains, packaged foods, artificial sweeteners and hydrogenated oils.
- Practice Deep Breath & Movement - Regular deep breathing, meditation and gentle movement should be practiced daily to reduce physical and emotional stress, promote relaxation and calm the nervous system - all of which will impact greatly your ability to heal any auto-immune condition.
Thus, healing typically consists of cleansing, nourishment and smart lifestyle choices.
To cleanse the digestive tract, our Cleanse Me Natural 4-Day Colon Cleanse protocol is a great way to go.
It's a two-part completely natural, plant food based blend, combining two separate parts (sets) of ingredients (clays and fibres) that are consumed alternately over the course of 2-4 days, to help bind and strip waste from the colonic wall and release it from the body.
Specific Foods to Include and Eliminate in your Diet:Eliminate
- Trans Fats, Hydrogenated oils and Margarine
- White Flour, White Rice, White Pasta, Refined Corn and all genetically modified grains;
- Artificial Sweeteners and Processed Sugar;
- Soda Pop and Energy Drinks;
- Commercial Caffein (Choose 'organic' if you're going to drink coffee)
- Packaged Cereals, Cookies and Cakes ;
- Processed and Fried Meats
- Heated and Processed Dairy
- Fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts, seed and whole grains (pesticide-free where possible);
- Good Fats, including Avocados, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Cold Pressed Coconut Oil, Nut Oils, Flax Oil and Grass-Fed Organic Butter;
- Immune-boosting Foods like garlic, turmeric, onions, mushrooms, broccoli, leafy greens and sea greens (like sea kelp);
- Fermented Foods, including Raw Organic Dairy (if it's not against your philosophy) i.e. milk, yogurt, cheese, buttermilk and/or Sauerkraut, Kefir, Kombucha, Naturally Brewed Beer etc. to re-establish good gut bacteria in your gut;
If you're on heavy medications, realise that they may not be serving you long term if you want to heal and get your health back.
By focussing on the right foods, gentle exercise and taking better care of yourself, you'll gradually boost your body's defences and will eventually find that immune dis-ease can be a thing of the past.